Friday, January 30, 2009

Saying goodbye is never an easy thing

Jan.27'09, Choir, a regular even day for a student like me coz i don't ditch my classes. I know what will happen that day because my sis told me about the big announcement. And that's the final goodbye of our most beloved choir teacher Mrs. Mai Tong Betterley. From the day she delivered her baby boy until the day before Jan. 27, we haven't seen her shadow loitering the south hall. My classmates have no idea why is she present that day because they're not expecting her to come. And I was like murmuring at one corner of the room "okay, I know why she's here today". And then she requested us to sing a song we practiced. After that the tone of her voice is getting more serious and she started her dramatic speech and tears started to roll down on our pink faces as she announce her goodbye.Of course the drama princess cried and cried not yet a queen but soon to be.ahehe. I thought I will not cry because I know about this. I may be a hella selfish girl but why does she need to leave us? She taught me how to be strong, how to face the big crowd while singing with confidence in front of them. And she told us the reason of her egress, her baby boy Henry Anthony is suffering from a major and deadly disease. And after her long and dramatic speech she gave each one of us a short message or I will consider it a heart-to-heart talk and this is her message to me that I will never and ever forget. "Rianne, I'm so glad you and your sister are in choir. I know you are very talented, you have a very beautiful voice,keep singing. I'm expecting you to audition for concert and chamber choir okay!, I will miss you and I love you". And I was like "okay eya don't cry that's enough". And I got hiccups after the drama scene. "Na touch lng ako ng sobra kasi out of 24 eh ako lng sinabihan nya ng I miss you ang I love you kahit na hinde naman kami ganung ka close eh feeling ko parang napa mahal na rin pala ako sa kanya kaya sobrang naiiyak ako after nya sabihin un sakin". She stood beside the door and waited for the bell to ring and gave us her last hug and told her" I love you Mrs. B" and she replied "I love you too Rianne". As I walk outside the door I can feel the soft cold breeze of the air I can't hide the pain I'm feeling inside of me I can't accept the fact that this maybe the last time i will see my fav. teacher . She told us that she will never come back again. But she promised with finger crossed that she will watch our spring concert.

Thank you so much Mrs. B for helping me and inspiring me alot to sing. I will never and ever forget you and. I u and get well soon to Henry Anthony. I will surely miss u during choir practice and during warm ups etc. And I promise you I will audition for concert and chamber choir , thanks alot. Bye or She Jee Dua in your language


No comments: